By Joshua Tapp
By OCPAC’s John Michener
Legislators Still Don’t Get It. Washington may be a swamp, but we have a Marble Pork Pen at 23rd and Lincoln. Revenue shortages are not the problem; borrowing and spending are the problem. It is time to trim the fat and fry some bacon, but our legislators still don’t get it. Here are three recent examples.
One strategy that legislators use to hide their wasteful spending is to raid a dedicated fund and use the money as general revenue. Then they turn around and claim we have a shortage in the dedicated fund for which they need to raise taxes. The state highway fund is an easy target because everyone wants to fund roads and bridges. Since 2010, the state has redistributed around $840 million from transportation to other areas. Look what happened last week.
Representative Steve Vaughan (10% Conservative), chair of the House Transportation Committee, wants to raise the motor fuel tax by six cents per gallon on both gasoline and diesel. To support the tax hike, Rep. Vaughn is resorting to scare tactics, claiming that not to raise gas taxes is “a public safety issue.” He also claims that rural areas will not benefit from good paying jobs because businesses will not want to locate themselves in places “where our transportation infrastructure is crumbling and no one is willing to do anything about it.”
Rep. Vaughn, the people are willing to pay taxes for good roads, but they are not willing to cough up another nickel as long as the Legislature keeps stealing the funds to pay for wind farms, movies, pop-culture museums, and Thunder basketball salaries. If and when protections are put in place to ensure that gas taxes are actually used for roads and bridges, then we can discuss whether or not additional revenue is actually needed.
In a message to her colleagues last week, Representative Tess Teague (9% Conservative and OCPAC’s RINO of the Year) suggested that Republicans explore increasing the capital gains tax in Oklahoma. Just a few weeks before that, Teague announced she would introduce the Aerospace Commerce Economic Services Act. These are perfect examples of the tax-and-spend problem we have at the Marble Pork Pen.
If in the event that State Representative Casey Murdock were to win the the Special General Election in late February of 2018, there would be a vacancy in House District 61 and no time for a Special House District Election.
This means that the Panhandle and our Northwest counties in HD 61 would have no representation in the 2018 Oklahoma Legislative Session.
By Kevan Myers
I cannot celebrate the 20 week abortion ban because I love my neighbor. The Bible describes true agape love (called charity) in “the Love Chapter”, saying, “Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth” (I Corinthians 13:6).
20 REASONS why the ban is bad.
1. It is ageist in nature. Judging an individual, less human, and less worthy of protection based on their age, size, level of development, location, etc. Ageism is judging “according to appearance” violating Christ’s command: “Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment” (John 7:24). Ageism is evil. It must be repented of and forsaken.
2. It is completely arbitrary, moved by personal whim rather than truth. We know (Biblically, scientifically, medically) that a human’s life begins at conception. To say “We will only protect you from murder once you can feel pain” is just as subjectively arbitrary as “once you pass puberty”, “once you can vote”, or “once you come out of your mother’s body”. If we should be happy that at least some humans will be protected, then why don’t we celebrate Roe v. Wade? Roe protects humans once they’re born. Fighting arbitrariness in an arbitrary way is ridiculous.
3. It causes unequal treatment of humans. The law should establish equity, equal just and protection for all. The famous statue “Justice” is pictured with a blindfold, not favoring a side in the case based on who the players are. In the Law (see Exodus 23:1-9 for example), God warned to avoid respect of persons in judgment. The all wise God declared “It is not good to have respect of personsin judgment” (Proverbs 24:23). The prophets decried the lack of equity in their day:
“And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.”(Isaiah 59:14).
“Hear this, I pray you, ye heads of the house of Jacob, and princes of the house of Israel, that abhor judgment, and pervert all equity.” (Micah 3:9).
Pro-Life leaders should heed this warning. This ban establishes inequity, NOT equity. And inequity IS iniquity.
4. It undermines what we profess to believe. If someone says that they believe that humans begin at conception and that abortion is a wrongful killing of said human, yet says that you can kill that human at any point after conception, they have exposed themselves as inconsistent and hypocritical. And the world sees through it.
5. It is ineffective, and won’t save the babies like the Pro-life public thinks it will. Over 90% of abortions are committed before 12 weeks. Only 1.2-1.3% of abortions occur after 20 weeks. This ban, so hailed by the Pro-Life community abandons more than 98% of preborn victims to murder.
6. Even the babies it claims to protect (those after 20 weeks) are not safe. It has exceptions of rape, incest, and life of the mother. None of these exceptions are just reasons to murder an innocent person (I have dealt with these in other posts, which can be found and read). The awful truth is that nearly all Pro-Life politicians, including President Donald Trump, will make exceptions for murder. So if a woman is past 20 weeks, and wants an abortion, she can just claim she was raped, or get a physician to say it could endanger her life, and the baby can still be slain.
7. It educates the public erroneously. Laws inform the public. People will just murder their child earlier, believing that it is okay because the children can’t feel pain yet. I have heard it from the lips of aborting parents. “The government says it is okay.” “My baby can’t feel pain yet.” Where do they gain such a pompous arrogance as they walk inside to kill their baby? From the Pro-life movement and their educational bills. The same is true with heartbeat legislation.
By the way, is murder wrong because it is painful? Should we make it legal to kill your wife while she’s asleep so she doesn’t feel the pain? Should the Mafia get away with killing as long as they use chloroform first? GOD FORBID. Let’s teach the right thing by our laws.
8. It entrenches the lie that abortion is a constitutional right. The ban does not contradict the declaration of the Supreme Court about the idea that abortion being constitutional. They are in effect telling the public, “Your right to abortion is recognized. You can still end your baby’s life, just do it sooner. However, the FACT is that the right to murder human beings is NOT in the U.S. Constitution. Our founding documents actually proclaim that life is an inalienable right, given by God. The Constitution was made to “secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity”. That posterity is talking about our children. Murdering babies is not a right – It is a wrong.
9. It acts as though Roe v. Wade is legitimate law. Courts do not make laws. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land. When a court gives an opinion that violates the Constitution (and the Higher Law of God), they are outside of their authority and it is the duty of the other branches of government and lesser magistrates to defy them, not capitulate to them and work within their parameters. If they said that children under 10 years of age, who had not gone through puberty to fully developed humans, are not protected under law and can be aborted, the executive branch, the legislative branch, and every state would have the duty to defy that opinion and not permit the murder of children in their jurisdiction. If we would defy the Supreme Court to protect 9 year olds, and not 19 weekers in the womb, it is only because we are become ageist, and must repent (see Reason #1).
10. It snatches justice from the afflicted. The most vulnerable are denied protection.
“Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment:”(Exodus 23:2).
“Thou shalt not wrest judgment; thou shalt not respect persons, neither take a gift: for a gift doth blind the eyes of the wise, and pervert the words of the righteous” (Deuteronomy 16:19).
“Thou shalt not wrest the judgment of thy poor in his cause” (Exodus 23:6). Those who follow the crowd in this 20 week ban, neglecting the protection of those being slain, are violating Exodus 23:2 outright. Let us consider our ways.
11. It protects the murderers as long as they kill sooner. An abortionist can still murder, as long as his victims are younger, more vulnerable. Remember, over 98% are already being murdered before 20 weeks. This is assuming that murderers who have forsaken the Hypocratic Oath for the Hypocritic Oath can be trusted to not lie about how old the baby was in records. Moreover, don’t forget the exceptions.
12. It does NOT allow for prosecution of those who would hire the assassin.
This is folly. Parents to procure an abortion are protagonists in the crime. If someone instigates a murder by seeking out and paying a hitman to slay an innocent person, they are also guilty. This idea of letting the one who buys the hit off would not be countenanced anywhere else BUT in the case of abortion. It is the fruit of the Pro-life practice of making women out to be a victim in the situation. The victim is the child. This again is INEQUITY.
13. It doesn’t call abortion “Murder”, nor treat it as such. It follows the pattern of every one of the hundreds of other federal and state Pro-life bills that have passed in these United States that neglected this truth.
14. It treats even the murder of the children past 20 weeks as NOT MURDER. The abortionist who kills a preborn child after that point, could face a fine, or up to five years in prison, or both. That is far less than the average sentence for homicide in the first degree of born persons.
15. It is a smokescreen, distracting from the fact that they are not doing their duty. They have the authority and obligation to establish equity for those under their jurisdiction by law, to punish evildoers and protect the innocent. “Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place” (Jeremiah 22:3). This bill does not accomplish their duty before God and man, but it does make it look like that they are doing something.
16. It paints the pro-life legislators as champions, while they are actually treacherous. Cheers go up for the heroes who faced the dragon. But what if the heroes just went up and made a deal with the dragon to only slay some girls from the village? Or only a few at a time? At least it won’t eat all the children, as far as we know, right? They are champions, right? Wrong. The champions are the ones going who actually are taking up the cause of the ones they say they are representing. Heroes go to take the dragon DOWN.
NOW, I hasten to say that there is no doubt in my mind that many legislators, many workers in Pro-life organizations, many supporters of this ban BELIEVE they are doing right. They have been taught to do it this way, and have not really examined this endeavor in the light of Truth. But it is still wrong to do wrong! And we all must be confronted with the error. We all need to hear the truth, be exposed to the horror of this, search the Scriptures, consider our ways, and repent. We need to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with our God. Opposing injustice unjustly is not just. We need to be shown where we’re wrong and how to oppose this evil in the right way.
We need to recognize that in spite of our Pro-life stickers and high sounding religious and political zeal, and prayers to God to bless our efforts, our hands are “full of blood”. We need to hearken to the LORD: “Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil, Learn to do well: seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow…” (Isaiah 1).
We need to forsake the foolish and live! Let us exhort each other and our leaders to be true champions of the weakest among us! Pro-life congressmen and senators are putting bills out that they are told the people are demanding. Let them hear the demand for total and immediate abolition of abortion!
17. It gives voters and supporters a false sense of peace and hope. Millions of Pro-lifers, including multitudes of Christians hear of this ban and rejoice, not realizing all the ramifications. They think, “Wow! We’re doing something! We’re winning!” and they keeping supporting unrighteous decrees and voting for those who compromise and collaborate with the holocaust of their neighbors, all the while, thinking they are opposing this evil the right way. It is a perfect example of the verse, “For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace” (Jeremiah 8:11). It lulls us to continue the trend of trimming the tree, rather than wake up to the truth and take the axe to the root. It keeps us from unfeigned love, from righteous action, from actual victory.
18. It fails to acknowledge the abortion holocaust and our guilt. Far from humbly confessing the slaughter of over 60 million American children, it perpetuates the ghastly killing under color of law, under the guise of being caring and compassionate about the pain of victims.
19. It fails to be repentant. Deciding to only kill younger babies is not humbly confessing our sin, and turning to God in repentance, seeking mercy for ourselves and healing for our land. “Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?” (Psalm 94:20). Should we expect God to bless us while we continue to cast His law behind our backs? Let us humble ourselves, and pray, and seek His face, and TURN FROM OUR WICKED WAYS, including the way of perverting the justice of the most innocent and most vulnerable in our land–the preborn, whose murders after this ban, if it ever is signed into law, will continue to be the number one cause of death in America.
20. It keeps abortion safe—from ABOLITION. This does not secure the safety of the innocent. It secures the prolonging of the bloodshed.
The things this 20 week ban does do effectively is:
A. Give Pro-life organizations something to cheer over and garner support for more like actions.
B. Give Pro-life government leaders a 100% Pro-Life voting record and future votes.
C. Give Pro-life people the illusion that the fight is being won and keep them content to continue giving and voting for the same. We need to repent and abolish abortion.
I know many will say, “You are just not happy because it isn’t doing enough”.
That is not the issue. It is not about doing enough. It is about doing what is RIGHT.
Others will make a plea towards pragmatism. But, we need to choose to be found OBEDIENT to our King Jesus. “Duty is ours. Results are God’s.” Why should God bless wicked measures and iniquitous decrees? Let us trust the Lord. God’s work done God’s way will work.
Finally, someone will say, “But if we didn’t have these bills, if we didn’t regulate abortion, there would be no protection at all for babies in the womb. What would we have if we didn’t have the Pro-life organizations, lobbyists, and lawmakers pushing for such bills?”
One answer the above argument? We MIGHT have what France, Germany, Russia, and many other nations have. Those secular humanist governments only allow abortion up to 12 weeks. What fools we are, to think that we are so conservative in this! The preborn have more “protection” under those God hating governments than in the most Pro-life states in our land.
We MIGHT have Christians actually repenting of their apathy and compromise and rising up to love their preborn neighbors themselves instead of trusting and paying someone else to do it for them. We might have Christians going to the gates of death in droves, to stand and plead for lives and warning the wicked and rescuing the weak. We might have Christians engaging with our society, in the church assembly, in the public square, and on social media bringing the Gospel into conflict with the culture of child sacrifice. We might have God’s people spreading the truth, seeding the land with literature, etc. about the holocaust and the need for abolition. We might have a flood of voters swelling with a voice as strong as thunder demanding the END OF ABORTION, the ABOLITION OF HUMAN ABORTION. The Lord knows.
Again, “Duty is ours. Results are God’s.”
Abortion MUST be ABOLISHED.
When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.
– Ron Paul
Have people allowed their favorite Oklahoma politicians and Oklahoma media to completely brainwash them?
Most individuals and all politicians I’ve encountered on the budget issue stop their ears and sing Kumbaya when you bring to their attention the very simple cuts that can easily be made in lieu of taxing gross production or taxing certain groups of people.
The reason why, I believe is very clear.
Stateism. Most have removed their faith from God and have placed it in the state and are very cozy with government being their provider, protector and keeping a close eye on them. Media and politicians will continue to use dangling carrots with programs that have no core functions in government to keep those who put their faith in the state hooked.
“Talk is simply that, talk. We are at a time in Oklahoma where you hear a lot of Conservative rhetoric and see a record to the contrary.
Having had the opportunity to work with Dr. McLarty and other Grassroot Republicans at OKGOP Platform meetings over the years and witnessing her go to bat for core Oklahoma Republican issues, such as bringing awareness to the importance of abolishing abortion, defending Oklahoman’s property rights, State Sovereignty, fiscal responsibility etc., should give us great enthusiasm for the future of Northwest Oklahoma. Dr. McLarty will tackle efforts to streamline out of control behemoth government and protect our rural way of life.
Please join me in not just talk, but action to insure TRULY Conservative representation in Senate District 27!”
Kenny Bob Tapp
Oklahoma’s Son has a message for Tax and Spend Leftist “Republicans” in the Oklahoma Legislature.
Special Session begins September 23rd.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information
September 15, 2017Contact: Carolyn McLarty
CAROLYN MCLARTY ANNOUNCES RUN FOR STATE SENATE DISTRICT 27
“It’s time to stop talking and start DOING! It is time to put the principles of good government to work. I am prepared to do this; I have the knowledge, experience and the proven conservative track record needed to be an effective State Senator. I am reliable and I am passionate about what is best for the people of District 27. With the current budget crisis in our state and multiple challenges in the economy, education, and health care, we need assertive and faithful leadership to bring opportunities for stability and prosperity back to Oklahoma,” McLarty said.
Dr. Carolyn McLarty is a retired veterinarian, who operated the Animal Care Clinic in Woodward for 20 years. Since 2008 she has served as the Republican National Committeewoman for Oklahoma. In this position, she has represented our state’s conservative values consistently. She has demonstrated her ability to effectively lead while serving on the RNC Executive Committee and as Chairman of the Resolutions Committee.
She believes that upholding conservative principles is vital for our leaders. “Leading based upon our moral compass and guiding faith can thwart pressure from outside influences. When we make decisions based upon our faith and values, we can build a safer more prosperous state for our children; a state where they can thrive and raise their own families with a higher quality of life,” McLarty said.
A strong proponent for education, and the quality of education our children receive, McLarty fought to encourage development of excellent new standards for Oklahoma education to replace Common Core. “It is vital that we provide our children the best education that we can. Education for good citizenship is imperative for a government “by the people.” Further, quality education ensures that our children can aspire to higher goals, and enrich the State with their talents,” McLarty said.
“Through my experience in the Republican National Committee, I have worked hard to create win-win outcomes between the establishment and the grassroots. I can work in the State Senate to pass legislation that ensures that our state government serves the people of the entire Senate District 27 from Northwestern Oklahoma to the end of the Panhandle. I will fight hard to encourage legislation that enables our conservative principles and values to bring security, liberty, and prosperity to the District. As a sovereign state, we must push back the encroachment of the Federal Government into state government functions,” McLarty emphasized.
Carolyn McLarty has been married to Tom for 42 years. Together they have three children and three grandchildren. She served on the Board of Directors at the Pregnancy Center in Woodward for nine years. She also served as President of the Northwest Oklahoma Veterinary Medical Association, was Chairman of the Board of the Oklahoma Educational Television Authority Board, Board Member of Eagle Forum, a national conservative pro-life organization and was a delegate/alternate to the Republican National Conventions for the past five Presidential elections.
By Kenny Bob Tapp
Most politicians in Oklahoma talk the Conservative talk, God, Jesus, Family, Guns, while exhibiting the complete opposite with their voting record. All of the recent Oklahoma elected public servants who left office in a sexual scandal faced their first moral failure by violating the oath of office they swore before God and man. This is done by voting for more intrusive (BIG) government, and voting to steal your hard earned dollars in the name of taxes and fees to appease their Tall Building Crowd buddies.
I trust Northwest Oklahoma will not elect a new Senator who, as State Representative, exhibited a morally bankrupt character in violating his oath to God and man, violating the U.S. and Oklahoma Constitutions, stealing your hard earned money, and voting for more intrusive (BIG) government in our lives.
Northwest Oklahoma, we deserve better! If we fail to learn from history then we shall surely repeat it.
There is no greater love than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Remembering those who gave all, that we might be free.
Let not the ultimate sacrifices of these brave men and women be in vain. Stand up and be counted. The inalienable rights that our loving Creator has bequeathed our Republic are almost lost. Pray and get involved.